f you would like to give chocolates for Valentine's Day, we have many choices at Shop The River Cafe—a heart-shaped Nemesis, Chocolate Cantucci, or a Tuscan La Molina Gianduja Cake in a beautiful box designed for us by Michael Nash.
If, instead, you’d like to give something homemade, Chocolate Truffles, a recipe from The River Cafe Look Book, are easy to make with just four ingredients—double cream, best-quality dark chocolate, butter and cocoa.
Happy Valentine's Day, with chocolate.
broken into small pieces
unsweetened cocoa powder
Keep the spoon you're going to use for the curling in a jug of warm water.
- Pour the cream into a pan and bring to the boil.
- Boil the cream over a high heat until it reduces to 2 tablespoons.
- Remove from the heat.
- Add the chocolate and stir in with a spoon until melted.
- Add the butter and stir gently.
- Pour the mixture onto a large plate.
- Chill in the refrigerator for about 45 minutes until set.
- Sprinkle the cocoa powder over a small plate.
- With a teaspoon, scrape across the chocolate to form a rough sphere; it should be a curl, not a ball.
- Roll in the cocoa powder.
- Repeat the last two steps until all the mixture is shaped.
- Chill the truffles in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before serving.
La Molina Gianduja Cake